Monday 5 October 2009

Write a book in a month !!

I think November is going to be a very challenging month, perhaps daunting would be a better word. I have committed myself to try and write a novel of fifty thousands words before the month rushes to its end, Help !!
But I have to say I am quite excited and feel reasonably optimistic. And at least I will not be alone, as I think the whole world is doing it as well, have we all gone mad?

However I look upon it as an opportunity to discipline myself and write the sequel to my first novel 'Through a Glass Darkly,' it is something I have wanted to do for a while. The thought of meeting up again with the hero of my book Stagman, spurs me on.
So at the moment I am busy with plots and characters in readiness to start writing. My only concern is the need I have to do corrections and changes as I write. I am going to find it a struggle just to go for it and ignore all the mistakes. But I think it will be good for me, as I have never written with spontaneity and abandon before. But like every one else in Nov this is what I shall have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment