Monday 5 October 2009

Kindness and Trust

Sometimes people we meet can be so kind. I have already mentioned our holiday visit to the exquisite village of Boughten-on the-Water. As we walked around enjoying ourselves, we came across a small christian bookshop. So we went in and had a look around.

I have had some book marks made, to promote my new book 'Valley of Shadows.' I try to make sure I always have some on me to give away. So I went to the lady who ran the shop and offered her a couple, she was delighted and very interested. We had a long chat, I told her about my books and she asked me to send her a copy of them both.
She will read them and then have some from me to sell and promote them for me.

As we were talking she told me about a writer she felt I would like and gave me a copy of the book. I offered to pay for it but she insisted I take it, trusting that I would send my books to her, which I most certainly will.
I was quite overcome by her kindness and trust, it's the sort of experience that restores ones faith in human nature. I don't believe in coincidences, this was a Divine appointment and a day I shall not forget and who knows what may come it?

No comments:

Post a Comment