Thursday 4 June 2009

'Valley of Shadows' book cover.


When I look at this painting, it's hard to believe how the designer of my book cover has changed it. The two pieces of art work are the same and yet so different. The book cover is hardly recognizable as this painting. But I love what he's done, the cover is so moody and atmospheric, it represents the book perfectly.
I painted this oil a number of years ago, and am quite sure it's owners will not recognize it in the book cover. I hope they won't be disappointed as it was so kind of them to let me borrow it.
I haven't seen the cover properly myself yet, I just hope I like the finished product, I'm sure I will, it's just there have been a few changes since I last saw it. However my publisher sounds happy with it, so I guess all is well.
It won't be long now and the book will be published, I can hardly wait. This proofing and editing business is so long and laborious. I just pray that soon it will be as perfect as we can get it, and that shortly I can hold the finished product in my hands, WOW!! A bit like having a baby, well, maybe not!
To see my first book 'Through a Glass Darkly' go to, www.lovewriting.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment