Friday 27 November 2009

I Did It. 50,000 words in a month.


Taking part in Nanowrimo has been the most amazing experience. The sense of freedom was liberating, not having to worry about spelling and grammar, but just letting the story flow was an incredible experience. I enjoyed it so much I think I may choose to continue to write this way.
Having achieved the 50,000 words I shall continue with the novel and when it is finished, tidy it up and edit, edit, edit.
To be a winner is wonderful, a real confidence boost. That's not to say I found it easy, there was an element of pressure that I found tiring, but at the same time it drove me on. I was surprised at how much I wanted to win.
I am well aware that having a definite story line was a huge advantage, at least I had some idea where I was headed. I know without it I would have struggled, and dare I say I might even have given up, but I didn't and I am so glad.
Now I can look forward to the day my Nano novel 'The Crystal Rose' is completed and published.

No comments:

Post a Comment