Saturday 21 March 2009

Dark Days

I suspect that the majority of us, are aware that the days we live in are getting darker by the minute.
I am grateful for my strong faith, it is where I find my peace. If a house is built on sand , when the rains come it will collapse and fall. But if the house is built on the rock, then it will withstand all that comes against it.
I do not profess to being a poet, so I hope the real ones out there, will not take offence at this amateur rendition. But it is something I wrote a number of years ago. It spoke to me then and still does.

I Turn To Him Who Loves Me
____________________

When the way ahead is hard
and the path I tread is lonely.
When the sky is grey, it's just another long lonely day.
When my mind is confused
and there's nothing I can say.
I turn to Him who loves me.

When I'm sad and old hurts rise up inside me.
I try my hardest not break
as Jesus gently loves me.
I feel His arm round shoulders
so stiff and bent so low.
Surounded by His gentle grace
tears begin to flow.
And I turn to Him who loves me.

No matter what I've done
how awful my past may be.
The blood of Jesus cleanses and sets me free.
Through Him I can forgive
He helps me to forget.
As I turn to Him who loves me.

You can find out more about my work at http://www.authorsonline.co.uk/book/666/Through+A+Glass+Darkly/

No comments:

Post a Comment